Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

An Adoption Journey Update!

Things are moving, slowly but surely towards our dream coming true and adding another child to our family.

Before the laptop felt the need to stop working, we completed our first draft of the profile that is sent to mothers considering an adoption plan. It was mailed out to our facilitator, and reviewed. They suggested a few changes; all pictures to be changed. Once the computer was back to us, I edited the pages that required it. (Gotta love Photoshop! I digitally scrapbooked our whole profile with it!) Those are now on the way in to the facilitator. I anticipate that they will arrive tomorrow.

On the homestudy front, it's kind of a slow process (for us). Apparently I have the most smudgy fingerprints on the planet! Kevin and I both had them done, and mailed in to the CPS division in our state. Mine came back unreadable, so I had them done again using a product called Ridge Builder at the Sheriff's office. They came back. I went and had them done using alcohol wipes beforehand, but they came out odd as well. With the third set, I had to get two affidavits notarized stating all the names I have used (just my maiden), that I swear I am who I say I am, where and when I was born and our addresses for the last five years.

That finally worked.

Now I am waiting on my arrest records to come back to them, and we will be done with that part of the home study. I think that will be the final part for our social worker to add to our completed study, along with her written report. That will get sent to the facilitator, us and eventually our attorney. (Still looking for an in-state attorney to represent us).

Our website has also gone live on the adoption facilitator website! We are *thisclose* to being to the just WAITING part. This part is the most difficult. Unlike a pregnancy, we don't have a definite end. Kevin and I just have to hope and pray that a mother making an adoption plan chooses us to parent her child.

I think the blog will start venturing onto other day to day topics, with adoption updates as they come from this point on. There just isn't much we can actively "DO" at this point to report back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment