Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

I Love My Camera

I've always loved to take pictures. Am I the best at it? Not really. But I did get the most awesome-est gift from Kevin last year after he came home from training.

A Nikon D5000. And 2 lenses. And a tripod, a camera bag and memory card. Mostly I have taken some awesome pictures of Monkey (because he is SO photogenic. Really, it's not because I am his mom...maybe). You've seen some of the results here on Clever Name.

I've also got Photoshop Elements, which I am finally bothering to learn about. You know, more than just basics. I can actually DO things with it! Who knew?! I taught myself to digitally scrapbook - hence our most awesome adoption profiles. And I finally learned some photo-editing. It's not like I want to be a photographer one day or something - I'd just like to have some fun on the side and take some pretty great pictures for our friends. It helps me learn the camera, learn editing and they get some pictures for free that they might not have gotten otherwise.

I have a pregnant friend and neighbor. Her little boy is just a few months younger than mine, so they play a bit. I finally asked her if she'd let me take some pictures of her for learning experience for me, and fun for her. She said YES! (Thank you, Elise!).

I am now brave enough to share those with you here - lucky you! Please feel free to comment and tell me what you think.


Belly and Baby Girl's Name


Beautiful Belly


A Windy Day, fun angle


Just Belly, Baby's Name


Simple, in the house


Baby Girl's Hair Accessories


Invisible Pregnant Lady!


Isn't she beautiful?!

These were actually taken on her very last day of being pregnant - the baby came the next afternoon, roughly 24 hours after these were taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment