Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Big Kid

Monkey was not a good sleeper.
Not at birth -
seriously, the nurses got frustrated with me. 
Not at home -
he only slept if being worn, held, or snuggled.

To say that he was a high touch infant 
is the understatement of the year.
In order to preserve our own sanity,
and for me to sleep at all,
we became a co-sleeping family.

It wasn't what we intended, 
but it worked. 
Beautifully. 

Monkey was half sleeping on his own for 
a few years now. 
He'd go to sleep in his room, 
and we allowed him to come into ours 
if he woke.
There were several setbacks,
but it held steady.

At our new home,
I've resorted to bribery.
And it's working. 
The bribe is not much:
New bed set -
quilt, sheets and such.
Matching decorations.
And that we'd paint his room.
(Likely, we'd have done this anyway.)

It's worked too well.
He goes to bed,
stays asleep.
He only asks for a flashlight,
and Misha
(one of the Danes).


WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THAT I WOULD BE SAD ABOUT THIS?
Seriously, 
I do not miss being kicked and punched.
I do not miss having no room to maneuver, 
no sheets. 
But on the other side,
my heart is so sad that he's this big!

Kindergarten!
The materials are on the way. 
I can't deal with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment